SynopsisInstalls MSIs on to a local or remote computer.
- Install-MSIProduct [-MSIPath] [-Options] [-ComputerName] [-Credential]
DescriptionThe Install-MSIProduct cmdlet installs MSI products and packages to the local or remote computer.
- MSIPath The qualified path to the MSI file to install.
- Options Any MSI installation options, in the format 'PROPERTY1=value1 PROPERTY2=value2', expressed as a single string.
- ComputerName The computer against which to run the cmdlet. By default this parameter will be populated with the name of the local computer.
- Credential The credentials under which to run the cmdlet. By default this cmdlet will run as the current user. Using this parameter and the Get-PSCredential cmdlet you can specify an alternate set of credentials under which to execute this command.
InputsInstall-MSIProduct accepts pipeline input only for the ComputerName parameter and requires that the input object contain a property named either Computer, CN or ComputerName.
OutputsInstall-MSIProduct makes changes directly to Windows and does not output any Powershell objects.
NotesThe Install-MSIProduct cmdlet requires that the Remote Registry and RPC services are started on the computer it is trying to access, that the WMI Windows Installer Provider is installed (it is an optional component in Windows 2003) and that DNS services are available to resolve target host names.
Example 1This command will install MyProduct.msi on the local computer:
Example 2This command will install MyProduct.msi found on the local computer on to the remote computer PC01:
Install-MSIProduct C:\MSIs\MyProduct.msi -ComputerName PC01
Example 3This command will install the Cmdlet Library client found on the remote share \\AppServer\MSI on the remote computer ADMINPC01. The Options parameter has been used to specify subscription information.
Install-MSIProduct -MSIPath \\AppServer\MSIs\vexasoftcmdletlibrary_x86.msi -Options 'VXUSERNAME=pp-oarersome VXPASSWORD=pine9info' -ComputerName ADMINPC01
Example 4This command will install MyProduct.msi found in the local directory on to the remote computer PC01:
Install-MSIProduct .\MyProduct.msi -ComputerName PC01